The Sound Of Listening

69620e836b45f26d335810bed602ae8b

The soundness of judgment is composed from the silence of listening.

This entry was posted in Short Sayings and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to The Sound Of Listening

1. Pragati says:

The Sound of listening is successor of the Sound of Silence as
    Silence speaks in Itself !

2. Derek Knight says:

Reblogged this on Daily Thoughts.

3. calensariel says:

These pictures just draw me like a moth to a flame. Where on earth do you find them?

4. Reblogged this on just A voice and commented:
    “Many of you, My people, have become disoriented because of extraordinary activity around you or in your own lives. Sometimes it seems like you have become fragmented or separated from your spiritual convictions. Now is the time to quiet yourself, reconnect with Me, and reactivate your faith, says the Lord. When you do that, you will be able to access by faith the grace that you need to continue on with confidence that I am with you. ” ~Small Straws in a Soft Wind; Marsha Burns

Romans 5:2 through whom [Jesus] also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

5. Bonae_ says:

That is true, the definition of silence is beautiful.

6. That’s a remarkable quote. Very true. And I love the picture as well.

By the way, I nominated your blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. If you accept, click the link below for details on what to do next.

7. amberarium says:

There are some people though, who don’t even listen before they judge. I guess I’m just used to these kind of people; it took me awhile to understand your quote.

That is gorgeous. The words speak truth to me.

9. Khoyri Khota says:

By the way, interesting fact, one of the women in the image is actually dead.

True story, in the early days of photography people used to be able to afford to take photographs only a few times in their lifetime, so it became a practice for people to take photographs of their deceased loved ones. They would dress them up and pose them in life like positions, doing things the deceased enjoyed or in a pose that their family wanted to remember them by.

If you don’t believe me I invite you to look into it.

10. chirose says:

Beautiful.!! I love the photo you used also.!! Btw, thanks for the blog follow 🙂

11. So true, and I like your play on the word “soundness.”

12. Clintington says:

This is great. Proof positive that “less” can be more. I had an experience where I met someone new and I was asked to “listen” with them. We sat on the porch….

At first (about 2 minutes) it was uncomfortable, but when that passed it was relaxing–then enlightening. We sat in silence and “listened” together. Very spiritual. Thank you for this post.

13. eyeofmyown says:

Spot on! Multi-layered meanings, brief, thoughtful… thanks also for the follow. Do you start with the picture or is the picture added after the poetry? Look forward to more.

14. E A M Harris says:

I love the idea that listening is not just a passive thing but makes its own sound.

15. swedishmo says:

In one word, captivating both picture and quote. Many thanks for the blog follow

16. Mr. Goat says:

You know, many people forget just how enjoyable silence can be, what with all our cars and traffic and groups of people talking. It really does create a reasonable amount of chatter in our lives. Nonetheless, excellent words of wisdom.

17. dennyho says:

One great gift we can give others is to sit and listen. I do love this sentiment you’ve shared with us! And, it is succinct!