Running After The Rain

By Leonard Weisgard

By Leonard Weisgard

There have been times the rain abandoned me,

Even though, the caress of clouds will always return

I remember running in the forest, as I do now,

after the rain

The leaves left my clothing soaked.

tumblr_mkmokvNQy71rxckino1_500

This entry was posted in Poetry, Short Sayings and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Running After The Rain

1. We must begin to teach them…

2. marialberg says:

Left me wanting more.

3. cote8050 says:

I just love his, words and picture! so lovely!! Michelle

4. Nadia says:

There’s nothing like running in the rain. Thanks for the images.

5. Great post. I love those photos!

6. Reblogged this on gourafotadar and commented:
    This is wonderful. I am re-blogging it because I appreciate it so much. Thank you for writing!

7. anita ibeakanma says:

Reblogged this on Anita.com.

I like to imagine the dripping leaves after the rain as a little shower of their own. Refreshing poetry..

9. cremedelauren says:

Through your words and images it’s a pleasing scene but it really made me think of another sense – after a fresh rain in the forest…one of my favorite smells.

10. harmony77uk says:

Love this one 🙂 thank you for providing the images that it does… Conjures up all kinds of memories.

11. Jon Stephens says:

Very picturesque. The words are moving, and the pictures are certainly thought-provoking. Thanks!

12. Chasing after the rain…wow, never though of it.

13. I remember that well. #BornOregonian

14. j.e.glaze says:

nice. sweet.

15. I love the idea of being abandoned by the rain. It’s so original. Great poem, I too wanted more.

16. yellowpaintt says:

I think it’s simply beautiful how in such few lines you managed to grab the reader, made us feel the rain, and left us wanting for more.. a “more” which, actually we already know cuz we all have been running under that same rain.
    Beautifully written in my opinion. 🙂
    I’ll make sure to come here often *internet hugs* heh

17. C says:

This brought back so many memories of my tropical childhood, that sense of wishing yearning longing for the heavy warm rain to fall again, so that running through the trees is always associated with that yearning feeling.