Published

f0e154ad52617c723165b593b6ca8a2a

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Published

1. kirizar says:

This is different. I got a bit lost, wandering through metaphorical uprights, but it is at least, unique and unpredictable. The line Sex becomes scoring really threw me. I had taken this to be a more religious poem–the war between the Sunday philosophies of church and the start of football season. Perhaps it is more about all the things that lead one away from the path of righteousness?

It’s not that black and white. But, sex does enter the realm of religion or should I say religion enters the realm of sex. This is a poem about culture. If you will excuse me, there is no such thing as righteousness. As soon as you say that, you are forever attempting to stretch your weekend.

2. Hi Elan,
    Interesting simile/metaphor/imaging. I like that idea.

3. Loved this part—For some syntactic commentator

Who plays with verb’s balls

Scores with nouns,

Penalizes with adverbs,

Kicks extra pointy adjectives

Through the uprights,

Glad I decided to follow you…look forward to more!

4. Gail says:

Love the planet of hurdles and sugary cheerleaders. Some delicious word combinations.

5. deeglamour says:

Amazing use of Metaphor! Beautiful piece

6. What a telling commentary on American society.

Marvelously clever words to describe “weekends in our lungs”. This is a great mixture of commercialism and human nature.

8. Excellent poem. And….is that a panda in the photo?? 🙂

9. Thank you Elan :). Always look forward to reading your poems…such a treat.

10. thefeatheredsleep says:

One of my all time favorites!