Published

10d8dd34018e0ef9d0593d6c72b01499

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Published

1. Heartafire says:

Very fine writing!

2. between weather systems, between years, between seasons, between seconds…

3. i do appreciate the word ‘respite’. lend me respite, or i will steal it, and kill for it…

4. paully1965 says:

Lovely yet again πŸ˜‰

5. Bushka says:

Delightful images…..some of them absolutely superb…like…
    “streets of snow

Mixed with a scattered brown batter..”
    and…
    “orphaned leaves”. πŸ˜‰

6. Lady Ate says:

so full of celestial longing for something… and you painted picture of winter in snow of poetry.. I love it.

7. BeeHappee says:

Early last spring, I did find that lost glove in the woods, little red heart attached to a tree. . . Beautiful.

8. Pingback: Respite | City To Country Magazine

9. Extemporary

Do make hay while the snow
    Lay round about the streets.
    You will want to breathe
    Calm air before the next bout.
    So choose to use your rare respite
    To cast away all possible doubt
    That you can weather the storm.
    Bundle up well, keep your spirit warm

10. Anna Stevenson says:

Brilliant! This is a perfect description of the path I take to come home after work, and the lost gloves are a crucial part of it!

11. rivrvlogr says:

“scattered brown batter” is brilliant.

12. I love the incorporation of reality and it being just as important as the beautiful.

13. jwprokupek says:

So tactile! Really put me in a moment “Gloves are placed in pockets Or lost on streets of snow Mixed with a scattered brown batter”. Love it!

14. A // W // F says:

Respite … Ah yes. I’ll have some please!

Beautiful image and beautiful words. πŸ™‚

15. Mackenzie Bates says:

This is really cool!

16. This is beautiful πŸ™‚ Keep doing what you love
    Thanks for the likes- its always an honor! cuz you are an awesome poet/writer/artist πŸ™‚

17. IsyLLiS says:

Very beautiful! You just made the winter image in my head so warm and home like. And about the orphaned leaves wanting to reattach themselves to trees..this will stay with me for sometime. Thank you!

18. Great words with imagery.

19. tendrilwise says:

I like “Gloves are placed in pockets/Or lost on streets of snow.”

Take good care,

Jenn

20. What a beautiful poem!

21. Pingback: Respite | The Adventures of the Average American

22. r_prab says:

A beautiful picture painted with words! My favorite line- “Of orphaned leaves, desperate..To reattach themselves to trees.” Profound.

23. wwwpalfitness says:

Reblogged this on wwwpalfitness.

24. This is a wonderful poem Elan. Have you ever tried writing a book? I used to write a lot of poetry, really good stuff people told me. Then one day a had a few ideas for a story and I just sat down and began to write. I`ve been writing ever since! Your quite a poet!

25. chirose says:

I love the feeling and visuals your piece evokes.! Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚

26. wordtapestry says:

Love the image of the scattered brown batter of orphaned leaves….

27. Love the mental images this evokes!

28. Poignant and evocative. I have often, as all of do, struggled home through wintry weather; to the metro, the railway station. Our rush to beat the weather, perhaps to jobs we hate, leaves us little time to reflect. Perhaps we ourselves are the fallen leaves… Like the photographs by the way…