Published

Photo by Ouida DeFriese

Photo by Ouida DeFriese

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Published

1. franhinton says:

Very nice…as is your page..

2. And if I am harassed by others……I really like this. I think we all have something in our younger years reminiscent of that old house and those feelings it evokes when thoughts thereof return. πŸ™‚

3. anitalubesh says:

That was a lovely journey, pin pointing of emotions of the time and that place in time. This had some really enjoyable phrasing, especially re maturity from whether it is smoking to fooling around. Also this was a nice unfolding of the old and new and changes therein.

4. oh yes, the house, off the way, down the path… I can’t remember exactly where it is even, or what I did there, why they let me in, and how I left… All i know is, i remember a house— somewhat like that.

Thanks Elan, really enjoyed this. a little unsolicited SoC response.

5. shimmy440 says:

Really liked this πŸ™‚

6. I absolutely love it! πŸ™‚
    You describe many feelings that I have, too, at times.
    “I liked it that way – Wild, let loose, gray”
    All these immature feelings that were so important and all-consuming when we were young; and we still remember how it was…

7. Plotting, smoking, music, laughter, talking, passing the bottle of cheap wine, sharing secrets, running away to THAT place so we could return to home. ….YES! Thanks for bring those memories back.

8. Ralph says:

Abstraction , Allegory, Realism, .. Each came forward as I read this gem !

9. Love this. Thank you for sharing.

10. pranabaxom says:

Lovely memories of youth.

11. Nurse Kelly says:

In a word – stunning. That covers it. I’ve used up all the other words today already, so that will have to do. That was quite a journey, Elan.

12. Yes. I, too, know a house like this. Thank you. This is lovely and evocative.

13. Joyful2bee says:

What wonderful memories you had there. As always your verbal images are so crisp and wonderful!

14. Absolutely beautiful writing.

15. j.e.glaze says:

I’m the same way, with abandoned houses – not just one in particular. evocative poem.

16. Robyn Haynes says:

‘a season lost between the tilting of the world…’ beautiful! I love the image too.

17. Awww
    Simply lovely πŸ’• Nothing quite as sweet as our childhood memories 😊

18. SandySays1 says:

The AH offers something increasingly difficult to find in these times. Solitude. Love the pic

Extraordinary poem of beginnings and endings. You’ve breathed life into old memories.

20. Karen McGarr says:

Thank you for this, you captured a special time in life we can all relate to. Beautiful.

21. Chief_want says:

A fine piece and a good read ☺

22. ljlhannah says:

That is impressive. I like how you kept it going line for line until the end. Nice!

23. So many of us can identify with this lovely poem.

24. A fixed point in time, an anchor for your memories. Made me feel a little wistful. Loved it!

25. dayya says:

I too have always been fascinated by old, abandoned houses. Well done poem.