Fall And All

1b7d2a06e67a1f33039fcab26de61cd8

Photo by Andre Gide

“This sun is beating down too hot, too early. Can’t you see how this new spring is fooling the trees? They like it at first, unfurling their leaves in premature green, then July hits and they think it’s September. It’s so much like us. Sometimes, I swear we build things before thinking about repercussions. Because…

Everything is alive with voices, exploding early. Spring is turning into gibberish. I wait for summer to simmer things down. It’s difficult to focus on one voice. But, if you can single one out, it tells you something passionate in a way you’ve never heard before. I listen to your voice. Can you listen to mine? Because…

I wish I could touch you like the sun, with a heat hotter than you’ve ever experienced. But, no one can touch all the time. There is a quietness, a moon, the black universe. The sun is not letting us rest. Because…

We need clouds. I don’t want a whole bunch of clouds all at once, just a few in phases. Let the trees have their green for a while, before they fall into mounds. Our kisses remain wet. We build our lives with consideration.”

This entry was posted in Poetry, Portraits and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Fall And All

1. Pingback: Fall And All – Moore to Say

2. Lovely poem Elan – Know you are busy but try to stop by “poetry and then some” tomorrow to see your spotlighted poems.

3. Nitin says:

beautiful descriptive writing. looking for more of you here. 🙂

4. Wow. Simply beautiful. “Spring is turning into gibberish” – how crisp.

5. kmbrly says:

Everything you post is just beautiful. I hope I can write as good as you. 🙂

6. HermitCrab says:

A cool perspective. Thanks for sharing!

7. Pingback: Fall And All – The Storyteller

8. Mmmmm – so many thoughts, but more just the feeling of how right this is.

Wonderful images of spring as a season of confusion which results in a need for clouds. I love this.

10. dizzyfernway says:

I love the title nod to William Carlos Williams. He absolutely infuriates me sometimes as a poet, but it’s an angry, exasperated kind of love, I think.

11. foodinbooks says:

How lovely. Minimal and spare, but the feeling is still intense in your words. The photo goes very well with the poem.

12. Pingback: Fall And All by Elan Mudrow | Deuxiemepeau- Picturing Poetry by D. B. Donnelly

13. Who are you and how did you get to be so talented?!

14. Fine work! Perhaps subjective of me, reading into rather than from, but I read a well-made metaphorical comparing the course of a relationship with the change of seasons.

15. Nancy J says:

The imagery is captivating.For me, the metaphors are luxurious. I learn so much from you. You teach us to become better writers through your words. As a new author, I really appreciate this.

16. Rose Lane says:

Frightening isn’t it. Supposed to be Autumn here in Australia but the days are still very warm. The creeks are drying up because we’ve had precious little rain. Thanks for writing about this. Someone needs to.

I’ve heard of the situation in Australia. In Oregon, we’ve already broken the record for consecutive 80 degree days. (That’s farenheit, I suppose that’s in the upper 30’s there, right?)

• Rose Lane says:

Upper 20s to 30. We’re at that now. Summer can get above 40. Summer before last it got to 45 and the flying foxes (fruit bats) were falling dead from the trees. I dread summer more every year.

17. Pingback: Fall And All | Celfypridd

18. Janis Gaines says:

Beautiful imagery – instantly inviting and emotional. I love the overall look and layout of your blog. 🙂