Fauna Lost Her Ears

Image by Katrina Sesum

Image by Katrina Sesum

You are circling, circling

High above us

In partial slivers of light.

You have lost your chariot

And are so silent.

Sing to me Selene, though

The music doesn’t sound the same.

It doesn’t reverberate

As it once did.

It trails off into nothing.

Now, is a time of faces.

Maybe, it doesn’t matter, for

We are all writing love into corners.

Lyrics have the fates repeating

An endless, victorious tragedy.

Our bodies hold no melody.

I have no bones,

Easily trampled upon

Playing among ferns

In the shrinking forest.

If only I could hear your voice

Once more, my love.

I know that’s what you’re trying to do

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Fauna Lost Her Ears

1. beautiful music painted in the canvas of my soul. love this piece.

2. S.M. Tsonis says:

Lost love? Death of a loved one? The “sparkle” you saw in someone at one time has worn off? I read so much in this poem…probably too much, but I like it. Mystical.

3. Pingback: Fauna Lost Her Ears – writer1710

4. I like it…particularly writing love into corners 🙂

5. anitalubesh says:

I thoroughly enjoyed the fabulous mythical and mystical air about this and the love in such a dream like setting.

6. ajaykohli says:

Havoc done to nature ,irreparable

7. This is really awesome. A beautiful new myth unfolding word by word. And the image pairs so nicely. Bravo!

Loved it! Love the imageries. Love the fluidity. And your presentations of emotions..I thoroughly enjoyed your posting.

9. Marsha says:

Your poetry is so deep. So much lost in this poem. I have wished to hear my love’s voice, and it drove me nuts. To be cut off from someone without explanation is the worst. To hear the music again, is the best.

Wistful and lovely. Your images are just off stage from the everyday.

11. Maddy says:

This poem is a beauty. I love the feeling of dark that you’ve written about in it. The fact that even though pain is bitter, it is way closer to our hearts than joy.
    I can see so many things in this piece. Beautiful. 🙂

12. mele willow says:

“now is a time for faces.” I love that I don’t know what you mean. I love this poem, the nature metaphors, the music of it. And as I am writing this I think I get the meaning, a time of faces, beauty, skin deep reality as opposed to the depth of your connection. Mahalo for following me too. Poets gotta stick together.