You Are Never Gonna Be Written

ainvsible

Well,

There’s a sliver of night

That says to me, write

However, I gotta worry

About evening’s strange plight

‘Cause,

Night is undependable

Unpredictable, and unreliable

It’s the “UnCola” ….it’s liable

To be too soft and pliable

Bending,

My whims and thoughts

Into creepy plots

Making words bend

Into shapes like stinky socks!!!

Curving,

Putrid verse into pockets

The stuff for silly lockets

Words that make me

Want to curse in never-ending “fuck its”. (I would say that’s stretching it a bit)

Praying,

My stanzas don’t get squashed!

Making me wanna get sloshed!

There’s gotta be a muse

Who, like me, looks for that one missing galosh……………………….. (What?)

Then

I start to feel a wee bit warm

An interesting idea begins to form

I’m attracted to its shape

A poem appears, like that! new born

Yet,

That bastard named Revision

Catches me inside his windshield wiper of collision.——— ( I know, I know)

It’s an all-night job

Now, I’m stuck with a tough decision

Tonight,

I feel, I’m just scribbling a note

I wanna barf on a coat.————- (Good choice! It can be easily washed.)

I swear poetry

Is the art of the goat! ——(Oh, so now you’re evil?)

Then,

Day appears, crystal clean

Adding sense to the scene

And I realize poems

Need love before they are weaned

So,

That calling of the night

That says to me, write

Depends upon morning bright

To make sure my poem’s got bite. ————–(Oh, you suck. You really suck.)

Well,

There’s a sliver of the next night

That says to me, again, write……..

(You bastard. You just took me back to the beginning. You’re a vicious loop. Just forget the whole thing! I’m going to bed! I’m not going to write you. Ha ha! You’ll be the one who suffers now. You won’t be written, EVER!!  Ha ha!! You won’t even exist and I can go on watching movies or playing video games, picking my nose and wasting as much time as I see fit. Whoo Hoo!!!!!!)

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to You Are Never Gonna Be Written

1. tmezpoetry says:

Oh yeah, I heard this in its own beat

2. Ron Evans says:

Love this! I can totally relate!

3. lilydorleon says:

That’s right. Swearing poems written by evil goats should not get written. You tell it! Amen. 😂

4. Lol yeah!! You show that evil wonky poem!!

5. r_prab says:

Haha! let it not be written, in the morning it will dawn with crystal clear lines,like a silent lamb and then it will be conquered! But it will allure you to cross check in the night, and damn! We’re back into the loop! >_<

6. Anita Lubesh says:

Very good! I loved the end..but you do know, that is the first sign of
    paragraphing you know!

7. diemtallik says:

This was awesome and right on the nose. Thanks for sharing it. It’s like you crept into my psyche and read my personal inner monologue. You are the best.

8. Phil Huston says:

Nobody said poetry was pretty. Did they? I could have missed it, but then…nah. Nobody said that, ever.

9. A fantastic poem that also made me laugh 🙂 I always develop a personal relationship with my poems 🙂

10. Meritings says:

Too late! It sneaked out while you weren’t looking, and, boy, am I glad it did. Love it!

11. Sue Sable says:

I am entranced by the humor and rhythm of such a deft description of the turmoil writers deal with night in, and night out. Thank you for sharing such a daring piece.

12. Walt Trizna says:

A great piece! With humor, you capture the pain of writing.

13. intrudesite says:

I still want to read what could not be written that night.

14. I like the tone of dark humor in this poem – comic and tragic often intertwine and the humor, in the hands of a skilled poet imposes pranks and pitfalls … This dynamic work, with his internal voices, has found me in almost contemplative, smiling satisfaction. Great!

15. Elan, you’ve said it! I keep sending your poems to my creative writing classes. They will love this one!

16. Reblogged this on Building a Better Story and commented:
    I have to reblog this wonderful poem for all my writer friends. Thank you Elan Mudrow.

17. Kathryn D says:

Great poem. You really dug into this one. 😃 Its the kind of poem that has you on the edge of your seat during the reading. I absolutely loved it

18. I quite enjoyed this! I laughed and was entertained. It also rings quite true.

19. Yes, that’s how it goes. A poem can nag at you like a cat who waited too long for food. Poetry and goats? Goats eat paper, and poets do so similarly.

20. Wonderful words and on point. 🙂

21. artrosch says:

You’re a star, Elan. You have the gift of brightness.

22. KPerkins says:

Cool poem! I loved the imagery.

23. Glad you accidently hit publish
    I just cannot read you once, I have to read at least twice, this one thrice
    Well you started it
    Well you had to finish it
    Then thank god you published it
    Great stuff Elan
    From little Ol’
    Annie in Australia 🌞 🌴 🌊
    AGAIN!!!

24. syd7t5 says:

Brilliant and hilarious! 😀

25. Just Me says:

“And I realize poems/Need love before they are weaned” ❤ You have a unique style.. I really like it ^.^

26. tartanrose88 says:

Haha, fan-bloody-tastic! Absolutely loved this, you’re a real talent man. One in a million.

27. Pingback: You Are Never Gonna Be Written – rexchloeduniya