The Pulse Of Hate

Then…

We must question how

A belief is loved

Lest its passion

Confuses conviction….

With hate

This entry was posted in Poetry, Short Sayings and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to The Pulse Of Hate

1. this is marvelous, wow

2. SandySays1 says:

Unfortunately those who could benefit most from your words will not understand them.

3. geelayo says:

So simply said. I love this.

4. rivrvlogr says:

True and to the point.

5. Phil Huston says:

Lest its passion
    Confuses conviction….
    With hate

The road to anyone’s hell is paved with misguided intentions. Nice work.

6. I love this. Very well said.

7. deuxiemepeau says:

Brilliantly said! Thank you

8. There I so much going wrong in the world at the moment. So much hate and anger. So little personal peace. Yet peace is there to be had. Understanding those that disagree with us is an important part of the route that leads there. I’ve noticed that when we find out what is happening in other people’s hearts, we feel more compassion towards them. I’m thinking about the massive influx of refugees into Europe at the moment. As a group, it’s “Them coming to take advantage of us”. Then when we hear an individual story, of their trials and desperation, our hearts go out to them and we want to help.

The poem provides a profound thought. A belief without love will not value others and it’s a small step from there to hating those that foil your plans. What makes it harder is that we, when subject to that hate, must not respond in kind as that will corrupt our values and remove our love, replacing it with anger and hate. Then how are we different? Like the extreme left and right – ideologically opposed but just the same.

Good poem. Thanks.

9. I wrote a song for a friend of mine, once, called Dying to Believe. I was trying to question the irony of religious wars or dying for a religious belief. Your poem evokes that same thought.

10. Just Joan says:

Well spoken, sire! Maybe we need to concentrate more on what we stand for than what we stand against. Thanks for your beautiful and thought-provoking words. Thoughts and prayers to all involved in the recent tragedy. 🙂

11. wolfsbanepoetry says:

So so true!!Even though I may write a lot of dark stuff, I certainly believe love is essential in all of us and that any ideology devoid of love is the essence of evil.

12. This is so right. Can pure murderous hatred be considered just a belief? Or a belief at all? Is hatred that extreme be any kind of rational belief?

13. Ellespeth says:

How true for so many of us – the beliefs we were raised with, spoken and unspoken. It takes such a courage to let go of some of those beliefs.
    Perfect title for your poem, btw. And I really like that photograph. I wonder what the story is behind that photograph?
    Ellespeth

14. A thought deep and pure!

15. ajaykohli says:

Recent shoot out at Florida ,example of this

16. Beautiful and strong words; the image makes them all the more powerful.

17. Spare words, profound thoughts, knotty problems, intangible solutions . . . Fine poem!

18. This is phenomenal. Poetic excellence! 👏🏽🌟❤️ There is nothing more disturbing than those whose love of one fosters hate of another.

19. Pingback: Dying to Believe | Postcard from a Pigeon

20. dashpenned says:

Have you written a book? Your writing is too good to not be shared…

21. Great point you got there. Amazing. 🙂

22. Hopeful P.O.V. says:

Wise words are said here. Very insightful.

23. AkHanMusing says:

Such a deep and profound truth composed in a few beautifully crafted lines.

24. Jenn Prime says:

Reblogged this on Della's Days and commented:
    A week after Orlando…a reminder.

25. Jenn Prime says:

Elegant in its simplicity, eloquent in its wisdom. You’ve outdone yourself, my friend.

26. I’ve always liked your work. This bit right here, coming at the time you did it, just knocked it out of the park. True kudos…

27. Sparkyjen says:

I try never to utter the word hate. I don’t want it in my thoughts which might be aimed at myself or someone else. Hate is a gobbler. It will eat you alive!

28. Tracing Abby says:

Wow. Perfectly & beautifully stated.

29. Bob McInnis says:

A timely tale treading on the spectre of Brexit and Trump. Thanks

30. Pingback: The Pulse Of Hate – rexchloeduniya

31. Crosslife Spaces says:

An ideology that encourages hate crime does not say it is love. True Love does not demand its own right. Thanks for this thought provoking poem.

32. Pingback: Your Art in the Spotlight – The Strix