Present Tense

f0199f702971ead16e0d5c905de7fb5f

If guns are present tense and

Hate is present tense, then

The future is presently in tension

If guns were past tense, and

Hate was past tense, then

The future will have progressed perfectly

This entry was posted in Short Sayings and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Present Tense

1. annwjwhite says:

I would like that!

2. Anti_Heru says:

We have arrived !

3. And the progration of perception wouldn’t have been done

4. thflg says:

So if the gun, the inanimate object, didn’t exist, there would be no violence? Irrational.

• Without the hate the violence would not be perpetrated, which it so easily is with a gun to assist it. I think that was the intent of the post.

• elmediat says:

The advertisement sells an emotion and creates a heightened need for the gun. It is this over consuming need used to sell mass produced products and lifestyles that is irrational. Build a society around such consumerism generates an exaggerated unbalanced set of social behaviour .

Hate derives from fear and imbalance/insecurity. Hate acted upon generates violence. Inanimate objects become the tools for this violence. Whatever objects are most plentiful and effective become the most used tool.

5. Samantha says:

I doubt hate would diminish if guns were banned, but at least it wouldn’t be such an open invitation to use your weapon any time you please.

6. janefhelms says:

Great wordplay! And that illustration is perfect. Perfectly scary, actually…

7. Istiak says:

You wouldn’t believe the things they are making nowadays. Makes guns look like pieces of phony metals. I don’t wish to witness the outcome of modern nuclear warfare. It has the power to wipe out the whole of humanity.

8. Random Reads says:

This couldn’t be more true!

9. Dara says:

If only it were that simple but I’m totally on board with the principle. As for that Colt ad – I love it! And am slightly horrified by it.

10. Kris says:

Someday I’ll get one. Eventually—

11. ajaykohli says:

Unfortunately guns are present and disaster is future ,seems so

12. adepejuoo says:

Simple yet powerful

Very well put. That is an amazing picture. It is interesting that it looks like something from the 50’s. I guess our present situation has been evolving for a long time.

14. Thank goodness no one ever bought my mother one.
    JP

15. luckyjc007 says:

A perfect world….we do not have.

16. sanberdooboy says:

the word play makes this fun to read, although the subject is serious, of course. the structure of the poem reminds me of two “logical” syllogisms. (sorry, i was a philosophy minor back in the time of plato, and i just can’t help myself.)

17. beemweeks says:

It’s all about what’s in the heart, not in the hand.

18. Just Joan says:

So perfect, both tenses and message. 🙂

19. martha0stout says:

Aye, that would be nice.

20. messytittles says:

Minimalist. Beautiful. ❤

21. It is beautifully said. I like it. Thank you for following my blog. You have me as a follower also.