Done

Robert Doisneau Ecole

Robert Doisneau Ecole

When you’re young,

You’re questioned

“What are you going to do with your life?”

When you’re old,

You may still be questioning

“What am I going to do with my life?”

You are a stretch of

Answers……

Done.

This entry was posted in Poetry, Short Sayings and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Done

1. happening to me now also
    but if you see it my way, i usually end up questioning myself that- what am i doing with my life 😀

So poetically beautiful.

3. Reblogged this on Michael Seidel, writer and commented:
    Most of the time, I’m only asking, “What am I going to do with this day?” But I admire this economical expression of the question that chases so many humans.

4. Your posts are like little surprises in my reader.

5. The fierce concentration on two of the kids’ faces … what am I going to do with my life … 🙂

6. bratinhimer says:

growing up in today you can still question readers imagination nice…

7. trE says:

This one, for some reason, really hit home. Very nice. Very nice, indeed.

8. Just Joan says:

Beautiful, Elan. 🙂 As a good friend in her 80’s says, “I just keep reinventing myself.”

9. Cynt says:

I love it! And what am I going to do with my life?

10. For me, I like just moving on and talking about it later. MTC.

11. auorade says:

Young we question.
    Old we regret.
    Nice

12. Meez Pat says:

Thank you for a beautiful reflection. If we stop asking ourselves that question, we stop being aware of our existence.

13. irohgoldman says:

NICE! Heavily thought inspiring. Found myself debating with myself.

• Bonnie Lynn says:

I’m 32 and have no idea regarding what the fuck that it is I’m doing.It’s always nice to know that this kind of confusion is actually the norm.

14. Enjoying going through your poetry….would love to read all….Thanks for stopping by and liking my page.

15. writegill says:

Beautifuly pholding brevity as the soul of wit

16. Vipin Joseph says:

Good one!

Instead of bothering much about what to do with my life, I just wait for life to evolve and wait for the surprises it has in store.

17. misshopeshi says:

Really making me rethink my mind

18. Hi! That I guess is the meaning of life :). I hope you continue blogging! 🙂

19. ms. arachne says:

I remember once listening in horror as a colleague in her sixties said “I have to figure out what I’m going to do with the rest of my life.” You mean I’m never going to figure it out? I’ll just be asking this question over and over again for the rest of my life? HELP! lol

20. How am I just NOW seeing your blog?! It’s about time!! And, by the way, Ellen, I love this piece. Very thoughtful in its way. And thanks again for being one of my dedicated readers 🙂 I cannot wait to see what you come up with in the future!

21. alertecha says:

An intensively inspiring message given so subtly with your amazing choice of phrases. Loved this piece. Can’t wait to read more from you!

22. tigre23 says:

Thanks for sharing – I think it is a question we may revisit many time in our lives. Thank you also for following my blog. Look froward to seeing more of yours. Peace and blessings 🙂