World Wide Word Debt

f88cf4fa2caf7c1f718cb18b28d4a351

Photo by Madeline Rockery

Word Debt has been published.

This entry was posted in Lists and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to World Wide Word Debt

1. cheryl622014 says:

Ah I recognise the little face picture thing now (gravator?) – I thought I had lost touch with your writing. Glad to have caught up again – enjoyed this “chap books in need of lip balm”! And the slight wave to WHAuden at the beginning?!

2. Joel F says:

Enjoyable to read. Truthful, funny, insightful. Thanks for sharing this.

3. Rick George says:

I like the word play, especially in numbers 5, 7, 10, and 12. You can take out the word “a” in line five.

4. ahahnjones says:

I like it, I mean more than just a courteous “like” in the social media sense. We live in a time of vapid, vacuous, verbalizations. Of course that’s not to say EVERYTHING is garbage, obviously not, but it does make you wonder how much time is wasted on meaningless words? Is it noise with a purpose, or noise for the sake of noise?

5. Good entertaining post. Pleasure to read.

6. Fun word play list. Enjoyed reading!

7. Reblogged this on scribeofstories and commented:
    I love the format and rhythm of this poem.

8. I love your work. I don’t remember the names, but I also remember the gravatar. Eventually I am going to write a blog post about my favorite writers/bloggers; yours is on my short list.

9. Peri Dwyer Worrell says:

Very punny. What a delight!

What a savvy written creation. πŸ˜‰

11. Tantei M.Gin says:

9 made me laugh! And I liked your way with words in 11! Yay! A good day starter. Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

12. flashlight batteries says:

“More writing than reading have sentences in a sweat.” – I loved this line. Your creativity is refreshing.

13. Great! Special mention #4.

14. Really enjoyed this; funny, clever with a bit of a bite. Started writing lines and phrases I especially like, ended up with pretty much the whole thing ; )

15. lifecameos says:

This is brilliant !! And it takes the mickey as well !!

16. Words, so often found out of order to make clarity misrepresented, are very well placed here.

Delightful and fun play on words. πŸ™‚

18. Vinny Idol says:

I like how you criticize different aspects of today’s social media era, by critiquing the different methods of communication that are commonly used. Very sharp writing.

19. elvagreen123 says:

And then there’s me. I am not a fan of poetry unless it’s The Raven or If or Mighty Casey has struck out. I just don’t get it. What I got out of this particular poem was how I felt this past week while writing my first article for an online newsletter. An essay. State my position in the first paragraph and make sure to re-state it but differently in the last paragraph. I had ten days to submit it and by the time I did I could not turn my head from left to right because I was so stiff. Finding the right words for that last paragraph almost made me cry. Loved your post.

20. Pingback: The Sunday Post // September 4, 2016 – Comma Hangover

21. Modupsity says:

This is beautiful and brillant

22. falos3 says:

Love this…quite amusing aswell

23. Love how you played with words in this poem. “Whiskey arguments” grabbed my attention and I had to keep reading. The last line is oh, so true! I “sweat” over words that hardly anyone reads.

24. Fantastic. Brilliant. I often think of these writing tokens.

25. wwwpalfitness says:

Reblogged this on wwwpalfitness.

26. scarlett1000 says:

What fun!! (take a bow Patricia Hodge!) Adore the photo too, I could stare at it for ages, it feels almost hypnotic.

27. I just adore your writing. Every time I check in I am happily surprised and inspired. Truly, thanks for that.

28. Another great poem Elan.

29. Enjoyable cogent read! To my ear at least, sound and sense are perfectly balanced.

30. z3ng33kgr7 says:

Delightful!

31. Christy B says:

Such a witty read!

32. Karen McGarr says:

So clever and enjoyable, as I believe all your posts are. Lovely, thank you!

33. portlanddiem says:

I really enjoyed this. Each item acts like a color in a picture painted about the world of writers.

34. Pingback: La da la d da la la da di da da ooooooh | niveknatnof's Blog

35. Michaela says:

Very clever! A delight to read πŸ™‚

36. Pingback: World Wide Word Debt β€” Elan Mudrow | Arrowhead Freelance and Publishing