Who set up to break down
2. The song remains the same
Only the avenue changes.
3. Livingroom rehearsed musicians
Exposing themselves to the elements
Of being ignored
4. Shaky Kombucha addicts
Wait in line for their fix
Of sour fermentation
5. Corporate bakeries pretend
To be small time organic
Moms and pops
6. Petitioners harass people
Who already agree with them
7. Two Goth girls act like it’s the eighties
Even though they were born in the nineties
8. A misting tent at the hostel.
Finally, those stinky street kids
Can get a shower.
9. Fresh locally roasted coffee
Imported from Central America
Stationed in Airstream trailers
Strategically placed at every other intersection
10. Fresh squeezed lemonade
Direct from concentrate
Add sugar — $1.00 extra
11. Weekend hippies with dusty new top hats
Complimented with a crow feather
Pot-leaf t-shirt and Birkenstocks….
They know that computer coding Monday
Is only a sunset away
It’s called “back to virtual reality”.
12. Fortune tellers conjuring narratives
For the fortunate few
“I see a person in your life”
It just so happens, we all do.
13. Beer gardens on both ends
Making sure the stumbling
Hop alongs stay within the fair
14. Local insurance office
Sets up a bounce house
Proving that accidents do happen
15. Smoked ribs and other carcasses
16. New Seasons Market booth
Stocks out-of-season produce.
Hey, it’s in the name
They are making up new seasons
As they go.
17. Hemp totes, hemp ropes
Hemp ladders, hemp matters
Hemp paper, hemp traders
Dopes on hemp, hemp belts on dopes
18. Clown balloon “artists”
For kids to thwack the shit out
Of each another
Americans learn young
19. “Free hot dogs and pop!”
As long as stomachs last