Wound — Elan Mudrow Photography

North Head Lighthouse, Washington State

via Wound — Elan Mudrow Photography

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Wound — Elan Mudrow Photography

1. Himali Shah says:

Beautifully captured !

2. Pingback: The liebster award !!!!! Another award to inspire and motivate me. – Just-in-general

3. Grace says:

Hey. I nominated you fo this award. No pressure. Accept it if you want to.

Captures my imagination. Beautiful colors.

5. I love the angle you took this photo from! Is that the rusted frame of an old car that takes up much of the top half of the picture? It’s very pretty.

What you are looking at is a corroded hand rail in front of a door belonging to a cluster of buildings located behind the North Head Lighthouse. These buildings were built for workers and their families when lighthouses were in use. The area is where the Columbia River in the Northwest part of the USA meets the Pacific Ocean. There are few lighthouses in this area because of the treacherousness of entering the mouth of the river from the ocean.

6. Phil Huston says:

If only rust could speak. Lighthouses are all magically haunted. Great shot, even if it makes my knees hurt.

7. I love this, though I am not certain the emotions it brings forth in me just yet.

8. wbdeejay says:

Rust is a beautiful thing. The next house I build for myself will use it as a natural feature material.

Rust is kind of “undiagnosed” and beauty is a mush of sublime that squirts through your toes when the cement hasn’t finished drying. Later, you find out that it is the foundation of your house.

9. Your photography is absolutely breathtaking.