Free Jazz

Photo by Elan

There are shapes to melodies

Found in sequences

In our hands and voices.

We move them

First as children,

Awkward

Matured into organic

Adulthood

To stretch harmony

Into a testimonial

Of the connective

And the disconnect

We kiss

To alleviate

Our songs……

Last proof

We are lovers

There are shapes to irony

In our search

A means to escape

Shapes

Of melody.

Our lips

Who

Attempt to lose

The contours of the song

Make up a song

Our noise…

Last proof

We are lovers

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Free Jazz

1. Mel Gutiér says:

Melodic prose. Tasty!

2. Phil Huston says:

That which is as undisciplined as love makes its own tonality in a moment of passion. Free jazz, free love. Too bad about ticket prices to the concert…

3. Ralph says:

Nicely done. You always seem to give me a little “Punch” in the literary gut !

4. ivors20 says:

“Our songs.. Our noises…..Last proof, We are lovers”. ……. your words, in tune, free and exciting, so a beautiful read, thank you.

5. Fluid Phrase says:

Very insightful. Made me read this twice to fully grasp all the nuances. Very well written.

Marvelous! 🌺🌺🌺

7. Fantastic! 🙂
    Just to let you know, I’ve nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award! 🙂 All the info’s on https://alittlemooresite.wordpress.com/2017/08/10/mystery-blogger-award/ if you’re interested 🙂 Keep up the good work!
    Rachael xx

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Which must be the good part of the heart. I love these messages. Take care and know I am honored, but must decline. I will be visiting your blog soon and read up on what you’re doing!!

I will, however, answer the questions.
      WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO BLOG?
      “My whole life is dedicated to the creative. To me, we are social creatures and the creative aspect of us is a branch of the social. Blogging is a medium of the creative. I only ask you to bump it up. Stop hating. Please???”
      WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE AND WHY?
      Medea-by Pascolini. So much silence for a singer. Callas has a voice. And of course Bergman films.
      WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE SONG AT THE MOMENT?
      “LOL. I own 40,000 Vinyl records. Let’s see? Should I pick one. OK. Ascension by John Coltrane.”
      WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN?
      “Spinach hummus”
      WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU FULL-ON BELLY LAUGHED AT SOMETHING? (FUNNY)
      “My feet are very, very ticklish. I laugh only when tortured”

8. bethovermyer says:

This. This made me smile and feel. Thank you for that.